Become a Member
Who can apply for membership:
Any qualified Driving Instructor who feels the need for continued professional advancement within the industry. All members are required to be of high moral standard complying with the code of ethics and commit themselves to the aims and objectives of the association.
What do we offer:
- Access to Professional Indemnity and Public Liability insurance at competitive rates.
- All members have equal say in the running of the association.
- All members have a voice in the future direction of the association.
- A newsletter sent to members and advising of forthcoming meetings and issues affecting the industry. This is a No-Frills newsletter sent when required.
- We hold General Meetings three or four times a year when members can discuss various issues. We aim to invite a guest speaker along to talk on a topic relevant to the industry.
- We hold an AGM in the latter half of the financial year with full financial members having equal voting rights.
- All board members are available for contact by any members for advice and help on industry issues.
TLI41207 CERTIFICATE IV MOTOR VEHICLE DRIVING INSTRUCTION COURSE
Information sessions are held monthly at a cost of $30 (refundable from the course fee). These sessions will give you valuable information about the industry. DTEI (Department of Transport, Energy and Infrastructure) requirements and will help you to achieve competency in the pre-course entry requirements, which consists of your application to DTEI, a pre-course Road Law Assessment, pre-course driving assessment and a pre-course study manual.
The certificate IV Driving Instructors course is conducted over 20 days, in 4 consecutive working weeks. The pre-requisites for this course require the following steps to be undertaken.
1. Application to DTEI
- Before lodging your Instructor’s License Application form you must- sit and pass the language, literacy and numberacy assessment. For information & details for sittings please phone Driver Training and Audit, Oaklands Park 8374 5100.
- You will receive a letter with the results of the above test. If you have met all the requirements, proceed to fill out the Application form “Motor Driving Instructor License” MR244. When complete lodge the form and all documents with a customer service centre.
2. Completing the Mr 224 Application form “Motor Driving Instructor License”
- A police offender history must be obtained (proof of id must be provided to police)
- The medical on the back of the registrar’s application must be completed by your doctor
- Two character references must be provided, these can be from an employer or friends (NOT from immediate family member).
- Two passport photos
- The original literacy result (copy must be presented to your training provider)
- You must be able to meet the criteria for a qualified Supervising Driver